Budds’ Core Story
“The family business that service built.”
How Budds’ and BMW came together
At Budds’ BMW, we are proud to support the BMW brand and its rich history. For nearly a century, BMW has differentiated the automobile and helped to bring new technological advancements to the auto industry. Here is how the Budds’ dealership came to be and some interesting facts on the brand we love dearly.
Budds’ BMW – a dealership that prides itself on service and family
In 1973, Darryl Budd and his team of automotive professionals brought BMW to Oakville; where it has become established as a highly respected and trusted luxury car dealer for the Greater Toronto area.
The motto of Budds’ BMW is ‘the family business that service built,’. This motto is reflective of the full-service philosophy that is second nature at Budds’. We value the vehicles we sell, the vehicles we service and the customers who drive them. We love the BMW brand and all it stands for. Supreme quality, luxury and performance – that’s what makes a BMW stand out from the crowd. At Budds’ we’re one big, happy family. All of our employees and each of our customers are considered to be part of that family.
There is little staff turnover at Budds’, we hold the highest respect for our team and are confident in their ability to provide our customers with excellent customer service. Our sales consultants have a deep-seated, thoroughly entrenched knowledge of all of our products, including our BMW accessories and our BMW service and maintenance packages.
Why not feel the joy that comes from talking with a Budds’ BMW staff person and discovering which BMW vehicle was made for you. We encourage you to come to Budds’ BMW in Oakville and take a look at what we have to offer. We have been servicing and selling BMW vehicles for over 30 years, making thousands of drivers truly happy.
- 1913: The BMW brand came into exsistance in October 1913. It started out from a manufacturer of aircraft engines named Karl Friedrich. He established the “Rapp-Motorenwerke” in a former bicycle factory near Munich.
- 1920: The BMW logo that we all know and love has been around for over 90 years. It was introduced in the 1920’s and was believed to be based on the design of an aircraft propeller.
- 1928: BMW buys an auto factory and builds the Dixi 3/15. The BMW Dixi was powered with a 4 cylinder engine, producing 15 horsepower.
- 1943: BMW works on the groundbreaking 109-003 jet engine, one of the first mass-production jet engines in the world.
- 1961: BMW launches the BMW 1500, the first sporty sedan from the auto maker.
- 1986: BMW comes out with the M3, one of the most popular and successful automobiles in BMW history.
- 1981: BMW reaches 1.5 million vehicles produced.
- 1999: BMW’s motorcycle division, Motorrad had the strongest sales year in its entire history.
- 2006: BMW produces 1,366,838 four-wheeled vehicles, manufactured in five countries.
- 2010: BMW surpasses its previous number of vehicles sold, selling 1,224,280 vehicles in 2010 alone.
Budds’ BMW Oakville is social! We like connecting with our customers on Facebook and Twitter. Like us at BMW Budds’ and follow us on Twitter @buddsbmw to get the conversation started.