Car Sales Oakville
Learn about amazing facts and statistics related to car sales in Oakville at Budds’ BMW. Get information on yearly worldwide car sales trends and figures.
Over the past decade, huge growth has been noticed in the car manufacturing industry with new brands entering the market and existing brands introducing fuel efficient, powerful, and reliable versions of their known consumer cars. So, what is the main factor behind the growth? Why are people purchasing more cars in Oakville than ever?
The answer is simple: cars are now a necessity more than a luxury. A car gets you from point A to point B, without hassle. Therefore, it’s natural for people to be purchasing more cars than ever. In fact, according to a report released two years ago, it was revealed there are almost 1.2 billion vehicles on the roads.
Add this number to the 74.4 million automobiles sold in 2015, and this just shows how huge the automobile industry has grown. So, what were the trends in car sales in 2015? The annual car sales trend definitely intensified with the market weakening in Japan, Russia, and Brazil and strengthening in the US, China, and Europe.
In fact, Europe experienced the largest increase in new passenger vehicle registrations. However, China remains the largest single-country market by far that has an increased number of annual sales than the US. Apart from this, car sales in Japan were down all year and trends were the complete opposite in India.
Last year, India witnessed a huge “up” in their overall car sales trends. Other countries that experienced a hit include Russia where car sales went down by more than a third and Brazil where sales contracted by more than a quarter. Therefore, the trends noticed in 2015 with regards to overall car sales went a little something like this:
- Continued growth in the Indian car market with the market expanding by 10.5% to 231,000 cars.
- Lower car sales in Russia with the market contracting by 1.6 million vehicles.
- Brazilian market experienced continued weakness with sales down by 2.5 million units.
- Japan experienced weaker sales trends with the market contracting by 15%.
- Europe had the fastest growing car market in 2015.
- China was the world’s largest car market in 2015.
- Light vehicle sales in the US grew by 5.8% in 2015.
Percentage Change of Regions in 2015
- China’s sales went up – experiencing a 9.1% change.
- India’s sales increased – experiencing a 7.9% change.
- Sales in the US increased – experiencing a 5.8% change.
- A 9.2% increase in sales in Europe.
- Russia’s market dropped – experiencing a -35.7% change.
- Brazil’s market dropped – experiencing a -25.6% change.
- Japan’s sales decreased – experiencing a -10.3% change.
If you’re looking for more information car sales in Oakville, give us a call today at our Budds’ BMW Oakville location where great customer service is guaranteed!